Thursday 29 May 2014

A minor meltdown

Happy rainy Wednesday. I'm writing at work today, which is probably inefficient use of my time, but I'm not overly concerned. I'm stuck in a funk This weekend i was supposed to go to Banff and my sister and my friend both decided to cancel, leaving me feeling too uncomfortable to go with a group of guys i haven't even seen since march. Disappointed, and a little pissed, but i deal with it.
I hate my job. I've decided I'm actually going to quit. But first i need to find something else. I showed my mother my resume, for some input and help tweaking. First, understand that i don't often share personal things with my family or really anyone. And yes it's just a resume, but it's my work history, that i created, and so it's still personal. She continued to go through it saying things like "this is so bad you should just delete it an start again" and laughing at the way i had written job descriptions and tasks. Now further background: At work a few months ago, i completed things personality 'mapping' training. You answer some questions and they completely define your strengths, weaknesses, communication style, etc. Very cool. And mine came out almost frighteningly accurate.

Alexandria's possible weaknesses:

  • Unduly affected or influenced by other's opinions
  • Feels victimised or targeted
  • may take criticism of her work personally
  • has difficulty sharing concerns and reservations except with close and trusted peers
 Now combine the resume review with these traits, combined with the fact that i feel trapped in a job that i hate, that i was really looking forward to a weekend getaway, that i want to apply for a job that seems extremely exciting to me by tomorrow (with apparently a resume that qualifies me to work at McDonald's); you reach a minor breakdown. Which is what happened. I could feel it coming on so i grabbed all my stuff and ran out of my parents' house and drove off where i could sob alone in my private smart car. The best part of not living at home is when i reach a situation that i don't want to deal with i can leave.
Which I'm fully aware is a fabulous way to address my issues [sarcasm intensifies]

No comments:

Post a Comment